Fishing and Getting Wet!

Ethan and Mikyla have been sick off and on the past couple weeks and so runny noses weren't ideal to share at Stay and Play today.  So we had to make our own fun.  Slashing around in the bathtub was entertaining but got old quickly so we had to step it up a bit... bubble? Done that... sticky shapes?  Boring mom... how about a casting fishing pole?  That's it!  Ethan and Mikyla loved it!  Gratefully the bathtub and amenities were all in tacked when we finished. 

Now fishing in the bathtub was great but he wasn't done once we got out.  "Please, can we go fishing outside?" Ethan repeated over and over.  So off to MD Park we went.  Mikyla fell asleep in the car on our 7min drive.  Thus with baby girl in arms and camera around my shoulder, Ethan and I trekked to the water.  We found the perfect little calm pond tuck in just behind the quick moving Old Man River.   Perching myself up on the rocky bank, with Mikyla in my lap, I enjoyed watching and shooting photo's of Ethan fishing. 

Ethan caught on pretty well to casting and reeling in the line.   It kept him occupied for at least a half hour or more.  Then Mikyla woke up and Ethan moved on to throwing stone in the water.  While dodging stone, Mikyla quickly gravitated to the water!

Fishing instructions from Ethan




If you didn't know already she is a born water baby!  She could float for hours in the tub on her back; a skill most toddlers and young kids take a long time to develop.  Bubble blowing is amusing for her and splashing... well what kid doesn't love to splash!

 
So at the pond Miklya happily stomped around in that water with her boots trying to make it splash.  A couple time she got stuck in the mud and I had to pull her out.  I didn't want to let go of her hand the whole time for fear of her falling in the water.  Although I did want to get a picture of her.  Humm... how was this going to be accomplish?  While holding her hand I pulled out my camera.  I then let go of her for a second to get a shot.  She saw this as freedom and leaped forward.  I wasn't sure if she was trying to make a run for it and got stuck or just simply lost her balance.  Nevertheless she ended up face first in the water.  Poor little girl!
 
Mikyla just before her plung!
 Ethan and I quickly packed up and headed for the car where we stripped Mikyla down to her diaper and wrapped her in my coat.  Ethan was sad to leave but I reassured him that we would be back again. 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment